How to Use This Day Hiking Checklist
While you’re packing, use this handy day hiking checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything important. Here are some notes on how to best use this list:
- The Ten Essentials : Items that are part of the Ten slot nexus Essentials are marked by an asterisk (*). The exact items you take can be tailored to your trip based on considerations such as weather, difficulty, duration and distance from help. To learn more, see our article on the Ten Essentials.
- This checklist is deliberately comprehensive and intended for day hikes in the backcountry where being self-sufficient is important to your well-being. It includes many more items than you’re likely to need for short treks in or near developed areas, like city parks, though you can adapt it to your needs for these trips.
- Printer-friendly PDF : Print out the PDF version for easy use at home.
A backpack is the primary piece of gear for day hiking. One that holds 11–20 liters of gear is about right for short, simple hikes, while something bigger is good for treks where more food, water, clothing and gear is required. Learn more about choosing a daypack.
Clothing & Footwear
Check the forecast and make sure to dress bonus new member 100 for the conditions. To be prepared for changing weather or an unplanned night out, pack extra clothes beyond those required for the trip. It’s also important to consider how much protection your clothing provides against the sun’s ultraviolet rays. For footwear, determine what to wear based on the terrain. On gentle hikes on smooth trails, hiking shoes or trail runners are sufficient. For treks on rocky, rugged trails, boots will provide more support. Learn more about choosing hiking clothing and footwear.
Food & Water
Pack snacks like energy bars, jerky and nuts that you can eat easily on the trail. Some people like to bring a sandwich for lunch, too. For water, you can usually start with about two liters per person for the day, but adjust the amount depending on length and intensity of the hike, weather conditions, your age, sweat rate and body type. Learn more Sbobet about choosing energy food and how much to drink.
Navigation is one of the Ten Essentials. The type of trip you’re taking and your personal preferences will determine exactly which items you’ll bring.
Emergency & First Aid
- First-aid kit or first-aid supplies
- Lighter/matches and firestarter
- Emergency shelter
- Two itineraries: 1 left with slot terbaru friend + 1 under car seat
Health & Hygiene
- Hand sanitizer
- Menstrual products
- Prescription medications
Tools & Repair Items
- Knife or multi-tool
- Small gear-repair kit
- judi slot